Tuesday 7 October 2014

How do we cope?

How do we cope in stressful times?
What happens to our will?
Do we just keep on going
Just a little bit further: until
Everything falls apart: collapses
Everything becomes too much!
How do we manage to survive?
Unless we have a helper?
Unless we have someone?
To go to for some release?
Where do we find our peace?
For many years I didn't know
Yes, for so long: I cannot tell
I was lost along the roadside
Landed where I slipped, fell
Lived out my own kind of hell!
Looking back today I realize
I was just another battered wife
Struggling to come to terms
With a horribly shocking life
I was belittled, downtrodden
I was threatened, abused
How does one escape a life?
So sad and lonely to tell!
It took me many years to realize
I didn't deserve this hell!
I know I was never perfect
Who on this earth is?
I made mistakes: I know I did
But does that make it right?
For someone else to hold me down
Leave me stranded without a will
I fought against that life
Tried to find my escape
But no matter how much I struggled
It was such a huge battle
It was always fought uphill
Once I gave up: wanted to end my life
But my enemy: my supposed friend
He it was that saved my life
Finally as I was led from the darkness
Finally as I saw that shining light
I understood and clung to
The only one who loved me still
My dearest lord and Saviour came
Took me by my outstretched hand
Lifted me back into the light
It's taken me years to understand
Years to live and learn 
That prayers are stronger
Than Satan's fiery darts
That praying for another
Is just another part
Thus my prayers were my weapons
Yes and how well they worked
My prayers became my power
As I prayed I felt release
Yes my prayers saved me 
From that angry beast!




No comments:

Post a Comment