Tuesday 24 September 2013

My bucket list

There are so many things I'd like to do before I die
I've never been far from my home: not really a traveller
I love my family too much to roam the mountain peaks
I love living here in a little town; close to nature: that speaks
Of my simple joys in living close to the Australian bush
I hear the birds all singing: kangaroos come by to drink
Sleepy lizards & stumpy tails visit regularly, eating the cat food
I enjoy the sunshine & the beautiful clouds that sail on by
There is so much here to offer peace unto my soul
So here is my one true experience: my one true goal
I'd like to get to heaven in the end: no real deal for some
But for me this is the thing I'd really like to achieve
I don't want to die at all: I want to live in heaven with my Lord
I want to be happy within myself: at peace within my soul
I guess in all reality: in all practicality: that is my one true goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment