Sunday 22 September 2013

The waiting game

I'm waiting at the hospital: a new life is coming
I watched as all the preparations were done
Blood tests, measurements, lots of stuff
Now they're gone off & I am all alone
I'm sitting here in the cafeteria
Plenty of people about but I am alone
I'm just waiting: waiting for that familiar voice
To find out how my beloved girls are doing
Yes I'm waiting to hear his voice telling me
Saying "She's here mum, come & meet her!
She's so beautiful! She's so precious !"

Santiago & little brother Zac are with their Nana & Tata
They went off happily last night to spend the night
In preparation for this moment: waving from their seats!

Now I am outside in the sunshine: what little there is!
Waiting for that call: telling me everything is all right!

Finally it comes and I can breathe again!

No comments:

Post a Comment