Thursday 12 September 2013

Prank call 11/9/13

My mobile was ringing out its tone
Summoning me to pick up the phone
I thought to myself: "Who's calling at this time?"
Don't they know it's way too late?
Must be some emergency
For them to be bothering me!
I said "Hello" as I held it to my ear
Wondering if it was someone dear?
A young male voice on the other end
Mumbled back & said "It's me!"
Not recognizing that voice instantly
I said "Who is this? Answer me!"
Back came his mumbled voice
Tumbling slurred words at me
I asked again several times
Then said "Say it slowly!" at last!
"One of your nephews!" he replied
Shouldn't be too hard I thought: "I've only got the two"
I said "How are you mate? It's been a while!"
Still wondering all the while
I thought it was Hughie but the voice wasn't right
Then he just sniggered and giggled childishly
And that's when he hung up on me!
Only then did I finally understand as
A sudden picture flashed in my mind
That book I'd sent to his mum & dad
Included in it was my phone number!

So then I knew: it was Mark Andrew!







No comments:

Post a Comment