Monday 23 September 2013

Overview

When I look around at this whole world
I realise it's not so bad here where I live
I'd rather be here in Australia because
It's better than so many other places: so I've heard
In the USA guns are everywhere; people killing
So much despair: when things go wrong
Out come those awful guns: their right to own
But those killing sprees no-one can condone
If you're so unhappy with yourself?
Why kill others first then kill yourself!
Why couldn't you get some help?
Surely there are many who would listen?
Prayers are there for those who understand
That sometimes things don't go as planned
Help is only a word away: all you need do is say
"Help me Lord to cope today! 
Show me where I've gone astray!"

2 comments:

  1. One day I thought, where I could live - Poland is my fatherland, but life there is difficult - we have huge problems with job, and if You are young, chronically ill woman like me - You doesn't have a lot of chances to get not only good job, but any job. And I thought about Balkan countries, where live family of husband of my mum - Bosnia has also some political problems, but life there is nice, because of warmer climate, good land to agriculture, tolerance, and hospitable people. And Croatia also.
    But I also don't want to live in the USA - because I simply don't understand American culture... My mum was in the USA in the 1990's, but she told me, that people there are strange, because they are focused on success. Not all, of course, but most of them...
    And when I was a child, I wanted to visit Australia :) Maybe in one day my dream from childhood will be real?
    Greetings from Cracow, where we have real autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love for you to come to Australia one day! it can be very hot in the summer but where I live there is no snow in winter! it still gets really cold but we have a wood stove & it is wonderful! Blessing from windy Australia!

    ReplyDelete