Friday 13 September 2013

The precipice

How long have I stood upon the precipice?
Thinking about all my stupid sins?
I sometimes feel so alone: so lost
Wondering at those sins: to my life's cost
How was I to ever get around those things?
That to another would be as nothing?
For my little human mind: it was too much
To ever think I could regain my shattered soul
But that is how my dear Lord works
He understands how evil lurks 
Behind so many smiling slimy grins
Those petty little things we miss
As we ignore the better angel's hints
With tunnel vision we arrive in hell
Not understanding the toll of that harsh bell
Too late we look around to see our fate
Find it hidden underneath a darkened veil
Yes: sin enters like a pin prick
Spreads like roots of oak: we are lost
Then upon that hideous ride: downward
Compelled to follow after Satan's spiral!
Yet redeemed we are at God's own cost
Jesus has already paid our price
His precious blood has washed us clean
Our sins He carried to that cross
Our sins forgiven at His cost
Oh Lord my dearest most precious one
That You would come from up above
Showering all us sinners with your love
How wonderful to know that as You come again
In fiery chariot with angels bright: surrounded
It is for us beloved children that You come
To take us home with You again
Just as You promised all those years ago
That where You went we too would go!



No comments:

Post a Comment