Monday 30 September 2013

The old water tower

The old water tower has seen better days
Ancient & out of date: crumbling walls
No longer being used to store our water but
I made use of it one night: many years ago
We'd had a blue: I was upset: took off alone
Didn't want to be found: needed my solitude
I opened up that old wooden door: latched by wire
Made a nice little place to rest my weary head
Used the pepper tree's branches to make my bower
My head was pounding: blood rushing through my veins
Pain was throbbing in my poor unsettled head
As I lay down upon that make-shift bed!
It was a beautiful quiet place to gain some peace
I was upset & huddled there with only myself for company
I prayed to my dearest Lord to help me cope and 
Even knowing he would be searching: I didn't care
I needed to be apart to calm myself: clear the air
Dizziness overcame me in my tired state
So I lay there quietly & dozed for a little while
Relishing the solitude: enjoying the peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment