Saturday 7 September 2013

Sleepy little children

Poor little Zac fell asleep today
Right in the middle of his play
He was so tired on his little feet
He just simply fell asleep
Reminded me of his uncle Michael
When he was just a little boy
He fell asleep upon the kitchen floor
So tired: no time to take him to his bed
I was cooking dinner as he cried
No patience left for anything
That time of day is always a trial
Just before dinner time
Yes memories come flooding back
Of days when my kids were young
Lost Shelley one lovely day
It was too quiet so I went to look
She'd gone to bed to lay her head
Couldn't see her beneath her blanket
It was blue just like the sheets
I ran around the house in complete stress
Finally I found her fast asleep in bed
Oh the times I had to shake my head
Yes little children get so tired 
After running about all day: so wired
They suddenly just run out of puff
Lay on down in a huff: off in fairy land!

No comments:

Post a Comment