Wednesday 4 September 2013

Rocking my baby

I spent 9 months being rocked in your womb
I was kept so tightly wrapped; as in a cocoon
I felt your heart beating close to me: constantly
I heard your blood pulsating through my veins
I was caressed by your nearness everyday
I was so at home within you: in every way!
I was fearless within my warm cosy womb
Now I've been through such a scary ride
It was so traumatic being torn from your inside
This entry is not all it's cracked up to be!
The air touched my face as I cried & cried
Light shone so brightly into my eyes
I tried to breathe but it's hard to do it alone
No longer residing within your flesh & bone
I feel so alone: so afraid of everything
Loud noises make me jump: my poor heart thumps
I can't change my temperature at will
You need to keep me warm or cool
I need so much help from you until
I get used to living in this outer space
Here among my family: the human race!


No comments:

Post a Comment