Thursday 26 September 2013

The sleepover

I packed his bags with clothes & things
All sorts of the usual stuff: every necessity
Drove him over to his friend's house
Dropped him off & said I'd be back
Off I'd gone to spend the night 
At my daughter's house not that far away
It was strange to be without him
But I knew he'd have lots of fun
I went to pick him up the next afternoon
Hoping that he didn't think it was too soon
They'd had a good time together
Doing all the usual stuff that guys do
The only difference was that these two
Were grown men; friends from years ago
Instead of toys & sleeping bags
I had to pack his medications
You know the stuff we take as we get older
Sleeping tablets, one for cholesterol
Another one for blood pressure
It just made me smile to think of this:
A sleepover for two grown men!



No comments:

Post a Comment