Monday 2 September 2013

That sinking feeling

We are but sponges soaking up our daily lives
We get saturated; wrung out anon: filled up again
But sometimes we sink under all the weight
Too much happening upon our poor little plate
Imagine how a sponge must feel under its daily chores
No respite from that sinking feeling: too much to contemplate!
When you feel that you are sinking under the whole world's weight
That's when it's truly time to open up & cry for help
Our dear Lord's angels are near at hand: waiting patiently
To hear your precious words: calling out to them in your fear
"Please help me Lord I am sinking: help me stem that tide
Oh Lord too much is happening in this world so wide
Help lift me out of this morass: only you can help me
You are the strongest one: only you understand my plight!"


No comments:

Post a Comment