Wednesday 24 December 2014

A grain of sand

Though I slip
And though I fall
You've taken my sin
Paid my price
And all in all
What have I got
To be sad for?
I hear these waves
Crash upon this shore
I understand
How it all works
It's just that I'm
A grain of sand
Nothing more
There are so many others
Worse off than me
But still it hurts
Still it pains
This human heart
To be alone
So as I cry
My salty tears
As I deliver
Up my fears
I give to you
All that I am
All this weakness
Here within me
I surrender up
To you my Lord
This life to you
That you would please
Deliver me
Save my soul
Give me peace
Take control
For I would be
The one you choose
To be a light
To be a source
Of peace and love
To all mankind
So fill me up
Send me forth
Guide me now
Prove my worth
What ever I have
I return to you
For saving me
Freeing me
From my life
Of iniquity


No comments:

Post a Comment