Thursday 18 December 2014

Do I ask too much?

Oh Lord forgive me if I ask too much?
Oh Lord please, help me to stay in touch
Oh Lord, is it wrong to love like this?
Oh Lord I need to still this beating heart
I need to feel the peace, the calm...
That only loving you can impart
Oh Lord I beg of you: I do plead
For your loving kindness
To spread all over this sorry world!
That all those who hunger: may be fed
That those who thirst: may be quenched
By your precious water of life!
That those who struggle: let it not be in vain 
May they be released from their chains!
That those who are lost may be found
That those who labour for you
May be strengthened by your word
That those who suffer for your sake
May be lifted up by your saving grace
That those in the depths of despair
May see your light upon the stair
All these things I pray dear Lord
That to all ends of this darkened world
May your blessings be poured out
That all who hear your word
May be brought out of darkness into light!


No comments:

Post a Comment