Thursday 18 December 2014

The real you

What is your favourite colour?
What is your favourite food?
What makes you happy?
What puts you in a good mood?
The light and happy things
That, bring out the best
The other unusual things
That put us all to the test
What gives you pleasure?
As you go about your day?
The birds singing in the trees
Sunshine on a rainy day
I just want and need to know
Like the flower needs the rain
Please let me in: I ask to be allowed
Into your secret garden
That guarded secret place
Where you are really you
Not that everyday façade!
I want to know: what you like?
I need to know: what sets you free!
From all of your worries: from all of your cares
So please: enlighten me
My dearest love: give me entrance
Into that treasure trove
The thoughts that flutter through
Your calm and peaceful mind
The things that relax you
Those things that help you to unwind
All these things and more
I’d really like to explore
But only if you’ll let me: only if you are sure
So tell me please: give me info
About the real you: that only I will know
The one that no one else sees
The one that you are when you’re all alone
The one that you are when you relax and unwind
These few things I’d like to understand
If we are to be together as planned
Simple little things that matter only to you…to me…
These things I’d really like to see!
Not the other you that you “have” to be
The other man you have to show
To the world: to others who want to know
But the deeper man you are
And these things I need to see
To know you the way I want

To know you the way I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment