Wednesday 3 December 2014

If I gave you the moon

If I could give you the moon?
Would you say it was way too soon?
If I should give you the sun?
Would you truly have some fun?
If I were to grant you the myriad stars?
Would you want to count them with me?
If I should give you the seven seas?
Would that be enough to appease
The troubles within your mind?
Would these gifts show you enough?
Would they tell you true?
Just how much I truly do love you?
What if I gave you the birds in the skies?
To sing you lullabuys: to melt your heart
Would that be enough of a start?
Or If I should make all the beautiful trees
Bow down to their wooden knees?
How would you appreciate those bees?
Bringing you the very best honey?
And after a season of these gifts
What if I granted you eternal life?
Would you then be free from strife?

Would you then be happy?
With the moon and the stars
The sun in the skies
The birds in the trees ‘
Singing lullabys for you
The bounteous seas
The precious honey bees
Bringing their fruit to appease
Oh honey would I love you
Till eternity: yes please
I’d get on my knees
Pray for you forever please
Take you through all of these
Just to show you how much
I have loved you
Yes from your very birth!

God gives us all of the above
Sent to us with all his love
Showing us all just how much
He truly does love us: sinners all!





No comments:

Post a Comment