Saturday 20 December 2014

The weight of the world

Ah my love: I cried today
As I knelt in church to pray 
For the weight of the world
Was heavier than I would want
And I could see no respite: no!
For several reasons those tears flowed 
Yes they became a torrent
I cried for all the weak ones
I cried for all the sick
I cried for many members
Of my very own family too!
For the fact that they are lost in sin
And do not want to be saved!
I cried for my love so far away
I cried for I am undone!
I cried because of the Father
I cried because of the Son
Oh Lord you took my sins away
Gave me salvation in their stead
Oh how I cried to think of
These many wonderful blessings
That come to me simply because 
Of the precious blood that you have shed
Oh Lord I asked for your compassion
I asked for peace of mind
I asked for understanding
To enlighten this tormented mind
Yet still I asked for blessings
Upon this head: bowed down unto you
That you continue filling up my cup
With precious words that I write
That I may continue my work with you
That I might be comforted by your might
I need your blessed strength oh Lord
Of myself I cannot ever succeed
It is only with you my dearest Lord
That I can ever hope to win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment