Saturday 6 December 2014

Since you've been gone

You know it's been quite a while
Since you've been gone my love
And though I miss your company
It's the little things that really rub
The way we used to hold hands
The way we used to hold each other close
The way you'd look me in the eye
The way we used to walk along 
Side by side: me trying to keep up
Trying to match your longer stride
The way we used to sleep at night
We'd cuddle in together most of the time
Yes I miss holding your hand
I miss your smiles and don't you know? 
I miss the silly way you used to sing 
Those words to me as we'd drive along 
That funny look upon your face
As you'd pretend to be crazy in love 
Ah honey I want to hold your hand
I want to be able to make you understand
How many long years we loved each other
How many long years we lived together! 
How I miss your smiling face
How I miss...you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment