Sunday 11 December 2011

Angels by my side

Times have been really tough in the last few years
Occasionally I've been able to make a little pocket money
By doing face painting at the local Swan Reach Show
About ten years ago when we were very broke
I was hoping to make a few dollars as we really needed it
After sitting there waiting for ages hardly anyone had come
In my boredom I went for a walk around to check out the other stalls
A group called Fusion were there giving free face paints to the kids
I was upset for a few minutes but couldn't really blame people
Times were tough and all of us were counting our pennies
As I realized how hard it was on everyone and didn't get angry
Or storm off to complain to the other people
I got a special feeling that I would win one of the raffle prizes
And sure enough, I won the fourth prize in the raffle
A box of drinks from the local take away shop, worth twenty dollars
Fourth prize you may well ask? Yes, fourth prize!
My favourite number and that of the angels looking after me
After reading the book called "The Messengers"
It's all about angels and how they are there to assist
To aid us, and to guide us through this life here on Earth
Their number is 444 according to this wonderful book
Thus fourth prize! Thank you dear angels for guiding me!


Another time around the same time we'd gone to Ramco
My daughter Shelley was in the local netball team
And I bought a raffle ticket there
After being brave enough to speak out
And praise a girl from the opposing team
For her good playing, though other mothers
Said "don't praise them, they are the opposition"
In my shyness I'd managed to stumble over my words
And blush red as a beet but I said to her face
"Well done! You played well!"
And then I'd gone off in embarrassment
It was only a few weeks later as we collected the prize
That I saw the paper stuck to the box of goodies
"Fourth Prize. Sue Andersson" with my phone number
Then I saw how I was rewarded for sticking up for honesty
Telling the truth no matter who is against you!
It does pay dividends! Honesty is the best policy!



No comments:

Post a Comment