Saturday 17 December 2011

Now I must let you go

I taught you right from wrong
I taught you to be strong
I did my best to have you blessed
I made those choices all along
I loved you from the beginning
I even taught you swimming
I let you have lots of fun
As long as you listened in the long run!
Honesty is the best policy
Truth is the daughter of time
I knew you had to learn 
To really toe the line!
I cuddled you as much as I could
When you were a little child
Because I knew all along
That I would have to let you go
That once you grew into that adult
That you were meant to be
I knew I'd have to let you loose
To sit back and let you be
I knew I wasn't perfect
I know at times I lost the plot
I realize my worries
Were hard for you to bear
I know I did embarrass you
In front of your dear friends
But by now I hope you have forgiven me?
For all those silly things I did
As I watched you climb life's tree
Being a Tomboy myself
Why should I expect you
To grow up so different from me?
I had my times in Teenage hood
When I was quite the cow
I look back at my young life
And see my problems now
I see my silly traits in you
Yet I'm proud to be your mum
I know the distance you have come
To be what you are now
Yes I know it was so hard
To fit in amongst the crowd
But when you look back later on
You'll know you did me proud
You realize I did the best I could
And you will maybe agree
That sometimes I'd love to take you back
To those happy times with me
When things were going good!
When times were tough we walked the miles
In uneasy sisterhood
But you know that through all those times
I love you the best I could!
Now I see in you the adult I wanted to be
You missed so many of those stupid things
That I wished I'd missed as well.
But in the end my stupidity in those days
Was fodder for my desperate need!
To save you from that silly girl that was me!
And lead you down a better path
Than what was paved for me.
I pray that in my naive and silly ignorance
I learned those lessons well
So I could pass on my better grasp
Of how the world was run
Without imperilling your great sense of fun.
I'm glad I made all those stupid mistakes
If I could save you from making some
Because I'd rather you enjoy your youth
And not look back upon those silly things
I know that we've all done.
My prayers for your happiness
Are ongoing every day
I know that as you continue to grow
I will have less and less say
In how you live and what you do
So this is what I give to you! 
I bless you and I give you all the joy there is
In living life to the full
I pray that all those lessons will
Remain in your heart and in your mind
And hold you in good stead
As you go about your busy life
Know that I am with you still
I will always be here for you
As any loving mother should
Just call me up and talk to me
When ever you feel you could
And I will ease your load for you
As dear Jesus does for me
And remember that I am your mother
And your sister too in Jesus' family
For if giving you up to the dear Lord
Will save you from any pain
I gladly surrender up  my motherhood
To see you all His guidance gain!
So I gave you life and loved you well
When you were my little child
Now I do give you up
I remove my apron strings
And send you out upon the stormy seas of life!
But knowing how great God is
Removes my worries now
Because He is all powerful
He has the grace and love
To keep you safe from harm
So into His dear loving hands do I
Surrender your life to Him
And together will we pray for you 
As loving family should!





No comments:

Post a Comment