Sunday 11 December 2011

Knowing 10/12/10

For months now I've had this feeling!
That I had to get ready for something!
I didn't know what but now I know!
Our home is flooded. I'm gutted, despairing!
So much has gone! All has been washed through!
The smell of the carpet; like dead fish!
Gone from cream to a soggy wet brown
The sludge! The slipperiness! The total mess!
The cellars full of brown muddy water!
Nothing is untouched
What was dry now smells of mould!
It's only been a day since we got home!
I thank God we were in Adelaide!

I would have tried to save the house
Could have been swept away and worse
Amy and Kia survived the sea of raging waters
If only I could tap into their minds and see what they saw.
What they went through, to feel what they felt
Thank God I moved those heavier chairs outside
They had an island, a haven to climb upon
To watch the destruction, to be safe
I'd prayed that Amy would not have an epileptic fit
From fear, and drown in those muddy waters
I thank God we saved the kittens
They would have drowned and all would be dead now
Black Jack, Tawny Jasper, Sweet Molly and little Tigger
And the two little ferals; Mary and Alice
That tiny one that bit my finger to the bone
In its terror! Now safe from the destruction!
Unlike our things! Yes that's all they are; "things"!
It's family that truly matters! As long as they are safe! 
All else is just a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment