Saturday 10 December 2011

Church by Chance

Arrangements were made: I was on my way to the city
Almost to the Bridge: the call came from my girl
"Too tired to celebrate: catch you next week!"
Okay said I: I'll go to Murray Bridge instead!
Sent a message to a friend when I was at the other end
The beginning of my trip: I was going to stop for a chat
Then he'd been collected and I'd miss that connection.
Turned around to head for home: second message was to come
"Going to be at Mannum now: Murray Bridge this afternoon
Then Queenstown later on: maybe pop by there instead?"
Looked around that little town: my church I could not find
Went right down along  Main Street: had a peek at the local map
Still no help came from that: I asked for help to find my way
My dearest angels saved the day!
Told me to turn around, go up the hill: backtrack yet further still
On my way right out of town: still no church to be found!
Had seen the Lutheran's domain: the Baptist Hall and Anglicans'
Uniting Church was farther back but no signs to head the track!
Then lo and behold I did espy the sign I'd missed that other way
It was sadly neglected, that was plain: I turned left into the street
Found my way to that place! There it was; my little church!
Small but beautiful to me still! Inside I found my place and
Met new friends by God's grace!









No comments:

Post a Comment