Wednesday 14 December 2011

Wishing on a Tuesday

Driving to the fair city of Adelaide
On Tuesday 7th of June 2011
Talking to you Lord, in my head
I'm sorry for asking for help all the time
But really Lord, it's difficult to cope with this load!
The flood damage is still to be fixed and
The mice are giving me the shits!
I dream of moving from this old home at last
Into a big, clean home with ocean views
I know I don't deserve it Lord: but what can I do?
Can't I dream a bit of lovely things?
As I contend with all this other hurtful stuff
I ask for a new home; to win it in a lottery and
Driving up the main street of Murray Bridge
You answer me instantly with two number plates!
The first is 666 at the traffic lights
Then within two minutes, 6666 is within my sights!
I stop and look it up in my little book and
You tell me to think of spiritual as well as material things!
I do Lord! I really do understand!
Why should I deserve such a grand plan?
I know I'm not worthy, I know I'm just being weak!
I pray for forgiveness for thinking of these material things that I seek
You tell me to come to you with all my needs
I'm sorry for asking you to fulfil my greed
I'd rather live in your heavenly mansions above the earth!
I felt my angel's arm around me as I went on line and
Bought that ticket there that night: it felt so magical and so right!
But I leave it your hands dear Lord and wait and see and thank you Lord
What you want for me to have you will give to me, this I see
So please forgive my weakness and bear with me
It's just that I worry for my family!
I'd like to bring them together under one roof and take care of them all
Show them your proof: I understand that what will be will be
It's just that I'm human Lord and impatience goads me
Please forgive me Lord for not being stronger
I know you have all these things sufficient for me
So Lord I've prayed for help and answers have come so fast
So, Lord, thank you for stepping in and encouraging 
The insurance company to come to the party at long last!
Knowing you are with me, always; both now and 
In the future and the past is all I need to help me!
With You by my side "I can do all things!" Philippians 4 :13


(I also said to my dearest Lord
That I would be happy to win just a little thing
So guess what the prize was that I went to collect
Several months later I went to Adelaide
To collect an LG micro CD player!
Life's Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment