Sunday 11 December 2011

I love you more

After listening to a cassette 
In the car the other day
I had to tell the Lord that
"I love you more than I did yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow!"
These words impressed me
As I drove along the road and sang along
I sang the words to You Lord
(but then You know that already!)
Every song I sing dear Lord
I sing to You, this You know too!
You don't mind if I'm not in tune
As long as my thoughts, words and deeds
Are in tune with You!


Yes I meant cassette!


The CD player stopped working
Many long months ago
I don't mind dear Lord because
I found that beautiful cassette
Of Hildegard's music
That You meant for me to find
Had the CD player been working
I'd not have found that tape


The joy of my discovery was
the next big step to take
As I avidly read those words
And heard the music that she wrote
In Thine dear honour Lord!
The beauty of the voices
Joined together so divinely
From hundreds of years ago
What a wonderful experience
You set before me Lord
For having read the book
About he life and times
The words she'd written there
Were the icing on the cake!
So thank You Lord for guiding me
And showing me Your love!





No comments:

Post a Comment