Sunday 11 December 2011

The King's daughter

I have to thank my dear mum-in-law Evelyn
For showing me how much fun it can be
To poke around in little old op-shops
'Tis amazing what you may find as
Someone else's discarded trash may be
The treasure you were meant to find
This is how I've been surprised so many times
And rewarded as you'll see when my Lord has decided
There is something he would like  me to find and enlightened be!
'Tis how I found "The King's Daughter": a book I was meant to read
After I'd cried my tears and shared my fears
With my dear Lord I'd communicated about how I'd felt so useless and weak
So hopeless and so bleak: no good to anyone at all
Least of all to my dearest Lord!


Hildegard of Bingen: living in twelfth century Germany
The heroine of this tale, her story told!
How the dear Lord did find her worthy of being a part of His wondrous story
In times of her greatest weakness the dear Lord did enlighten her
With visions of his glory and thus was she enabled
To communicate to the whole wide world
The wonders she was privy to
When in absolute weakness, near unto death
The dear Lord granted her His visions with His very breath.
The beauty and the grandeur of His Heaven in the highest
And thought not of herself because she was so pious
Her blessings truly given from above: she passed these on in love
A scribe to write her dear account of all she was so blessed to see
These visions given by Him: the Son of God in Heaven







No comments:

Post a Comment