Sunday 11 December 2011

Hands across the sky 13/3/11

Had a beautiful day yesterday with celebration because
My daughter is now better and my dear grandson a-thrive
Sweet Rocio is here safely from a far off land
Though the world is turning around so fast and actively
With earthquakes and tsunamis still there are some things
Worth rejoicing on a smaller scale: though the far off tremors
Shake us too in our hearts: there is so much joy in celebrating
On this continent of ours!
I know I cannot change the world: I know I cannot of myself do much
But knowing that there are so many praying! 
Eases my heart and mind apace
To hear of Violeta's prayer group and how they pray for everyone
Makes my heart and soul rejoice! I'm not the only one!
Offering up my prayers and thoughts into the universe
To help to calm our fears and strife and ease the pain 
Of all who cry out unto the Lord!
What wonderful people to share their faith around!


Arriving home late last night
As I went about my chores of hanging out the washing
Amid the dazzling stars: I thought about our dear sweet Lord
Looking down upon us all and though the stars were bright still
When my chore was done: when I looked again and I noticed
A strange phenomenon: there above in magnificent array
It looked as if two great hands were holding all in play
Two great long-fingered hands  were spread across the sky
Holding all together like in a tender clasp as if our dear Lord
Held Earth aloft in that dark ebony sky
His strong hands in magnificent display: were holding 
My heart and soul aloft within His grasp and 
So I went to bed rejoicing again and again I say
Because I saw my Lord's dear hands in that magnificent display!













No comments:

Post a Comment