Sunday 11 December 2011

Two little flower girls

Two little flower girls standing side by side
At my uncle's wedding, feeling so much pride
Long flowing dresses, just like princesses
Pretty pink flowers on the sheer white cloth
Long under petticoats, pretty white heeled shoes
Our hair up in curls, flower baskets in our white gloved hands
My best friend Martha and I having so much fun!
I still remember the times we had
The running along and traipsing about
Looking just like two peas in a pod!
I remember the house with so many steps
The flowers in their little beds as the darkness fell
I also know I tore my dress as the fun went on
Playing hidey chasey and running just for fun
We didn't have a care in the world
We were having so much fun!
Even being scolded for tearing my dress
Couldn't dampen my glee because
I was a princess and Martha too; with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment