Sunday 11 December 2011

You're beautiful

Cleaning up a bit more, throwing stuff out the door
Two little swallows got upset; I  told them not to fret
Then I saw the brand new nest above the door and
I realized I'd have to disturb them some more
"Sorry little swallows" I cried out loud
"I'll try not to scare your eggs and do you proud!"
I had to grab clothing and take it all out
The trailer was waiting to hold all the mess
I was careful to be quiet as I went about.
I love watching those little swallows I must confess!
Mummy and daddy were flying about, concerned all the same.
I've often wished those beautiful little birds were tame!
As I went about my work I watched as they
Checked back and forth to see if all was okay
Finally it was time to have a little break
They were singing such a beautiful song
I listened and marvelled at their precious voices
I spoke to them then and said "you're beautiful!"
The little bird replied and sang out loud
"You too!" sounded very much like her reply
Of course it was so musical and birdlike
And I know why!
Our dear Lord made them to fill the sky!



No comments:

Post a Comment