Sunday 25 December 2011

Are you ready?

As I listened to the news the other night
I thought of all those poor people in New Zealand
In Christchurch there was an earthquake
So many lives ended in that moment
When the earth shook and buildings fell
It made me think: "When will my time come?"
No-one can really tell!
Did those who lost their lives go prepared?
To meet their maker on that day?
Were they prepared to say goodbye
To their loved ones as the earth shook and took  their time away
How many of us have told someone
"I love you!" just in case
How many of us will be sad because
We never had the chance to say those words
Those three little words that so few are able
To pass on to those they love: to those that sit across the table
Will we feel bad because the time is gone before we had the chance to utter
Will you be the one with those regrets simply because 
You didn't say those three little words
Was time taken away from you?
Please, I beg you don't delay
Say those three little words: to someone you love today!



No comments:

Post a Comment