Thursday 29 December 2011

Courage

Never had much courage: never had the guts
To stick up for myself in any of my life but
Now all has changed: now the urgency is there
To stick up for myself and all that I hold dear
I must be strong in my convictions
I must be strong in all this strife
For my life and many others are held in this small heart
When I was young and stupid: I let others rule my life but
Now as darkness rules the earth: it is my turn to stand up and fight
It is my turn to state my intentions: my turn to take the stand
To tell it like it is and Take the flack and stuff that comes
With leading such a different life!
To stand up and be counted: to be no longer ashamed
To admit to all my failures: to say my little piece
'Tis my dear Lord and saviour who gives me all my strength
'Tis the blood of dear sweet Jesus that keeps us all safe
He gave His precious life for us: poor sinners that we are
But why? You may well ask? I'll tell the reason why!
He gave His life to save us all: to take our sins away
Because we are His children dear: because He came to save
Because He is the one who by His blood the way has paved!
No other lamb is needed: no other sacrifice
It is already done! The price is paid!
No more need be said or done but
We must accept His life as given for our sins and
Thus as we are paid for: as we are cleansed anew
We must make the choice to decide
Whether we are saved or lost in sin: as before the price was paid
As before the gift was given: as before the blood was shed
Jesus Christ our saviour dear demands an answer soon
Time waits for no one: it can barely longer bide
Because the angels holding on to the awful winds of strife and war
Will not do so for much longer as Jesus commands them to
Day by day; and minute by minute: He waits for the stragglers to come
To make the choice and accept His stamp: the entry to those gates
His precious blood so freely given: that flowed from His side so sorely riven
Those beautiful gates are open wide: awaiting the dear ones as they come inside
Will you accept the payment? Will you accept the call?
Are you ready for eternity? Are you ready to be called?
To be one of the blessed! To be on of the few!
To be one of Jesus' children: the jewels in His crown!





No comments:

Post a Comment