Monday 15 September 2014

Baby brain

 It must have been "baby brain"
You know: that state of mind
Where you do something
That you quite forget about
Until many years have gone past
Other people get angry: abuse you
But you cannot seem to see!

I'd gone to the Kingston-on-Murray shop
Dad gave me some money that day
But for some silly reason I can’t explain
I booked it up: I didn't pay that way
Caused a lot of stress and confusion
They said to dad: "please pay this account"
Dad  rang me and I said: I'd paid!
I just couldn't understand it?
Why would they say I hadn't done it?
When I thought I had surely paid it!

Many years later on it came to me
Made me angry all over again
Until it clicked: until I knew it!
Oh dear Lord: I surely blew it!
That long forgotten memory returned
Oh how my face flushed: burned!
I am so sorry guys: I apologise!
I didn't pay and caused such a mess
I honestly didn't mean to do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment