Monday 29 September 2014

Letting go

I heard a new thing today
It felt weird I really must say
I rang up to organise something
It felt so strange to hear him say
"Yes Cassie is at home today"
Doesn't make much sense to you I bet
But for me it was strange to say the least
You see I just sold our old family home
It was so difficult to let it go but
I could not hold on to those memories
Could not help but surrender: release
So now it is in another's hands
Now it's home to someone else
Now they will make their plans
They will have it as their place
And though it hurts me to let it go
I must go forward: move and grow
So goodbye old house full of memories
I will think of you and tears will ease
Yes, eventually the tears will slow
For I know that God works miracles
Yes he does: he sends us here and there
He understands our simple plans
Understands our simple lives
And as He guides and shows us
Along new paths to where-ever 
He would have us go
He is right there beside us
Leading the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment