Monday 1 September 2014

The walking stick

Bought my mum a fold-up walking stick
Thought it would aid her: keep her safe
She said she'd use it: should do the trick
Thought it would help her: make her quick
I guess she's finally admitting that she's slow
Finally a concession to let us know
She's not as young as she used to be
She's not as sprightly: admitting to me
That life is getting more and more difficult
Even though she's a stubborn old thing
Has to keep on doing everything
Still cooks one meal every single day
Will not give in: will not just fade away!
Though she's so exhausted: absolutely stuffed
She's determined to go on: will not give up!
Oh dear mum I am so proud of you
I know you are not giving up: not giving in
You just take everything on the chin
Your motto is one I use myself
"Never give up! Never surrender!"  I  do say
Just like my mother I go on each day
One foot in front of the other: that's the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment