Monday 22 September 2014

Prayer Arrows

As I wrote a letter to my husband
Sadly now deceased: anger and frustration
Were the nature of my memories
My tears were tumbling from me
Pouring from my eyes...
Anguish pouring: from my troubled heart
Page after page came tumbling out
Then as if another started writing
The words began to change
These are the words that fell from my hand

I was afraid of you for many years
Afraid of your foul temper it's true
Until I learned to pray when you were angry
Learned to pray and turn that angry tide

It was then I realised that love works better
Love and prayer combined became my weapons
Instead of living in fear of your demons
I battled with heartfelt prayer: for your very soul

I used to think you were possessed at times
I could see that demon in your eyes...
I could see it taking over your features
Like you were taken over by a devil in disguise...

But instead of fear and loathing
I learned to battle with heart and soul
Knowing you were being eaten up
By some dark creature: chewing at your soul

"My prayers became my arrows
Good thoughts were my goal
Our home was our battlefield
Our children; wounded: fell

I learned to change my expectations
Learned to harvest what I sowed
Instead of anger and frustations
I nurtured, calmed and thus controlled"

No comments:

Post a Comment