Tuesday 9 September 2014

Royal Adelaide Show

We had an adventure at the show today
Took my three grandchildren along
My hubby Tim always loved to go
It brought back magical memories for him
I remember going the very first time
I was a grown up by then you know
My family had never ever been
So today we went to remind me of other days
We went many times over the years with Tim
Still remember when Michael was about three
He loved listening to Beatles songs
The "Fab Four" were singing that day
He just stood there bopping along to the music
Loving every single minute of it
We went again the very next year and
As we walked around he said to me
"Mummy this is where the circus Beatles were
I remember hearing them sing!"
Isn't it just amazing how memories are made?
How moments just stick and remain
Ready to be brought back to life again
By a simple thought or sight or smell
I wonder what memories will come from this day?
Who knows what special thoughts will spring?
When we go back again with Zac and Santiago too
Yes what will my little darlings say?
If  we return the very next spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment