Thursday 4 September 2014

Nurse or purse

As time marches ever onward
We get older and maybe wiser
There comes a time when everything
Simply changes and becomes
More difficult: more annoying: more strange
Life goes on and we must go on living
Even though it is hard to move
Even though it is difficult to do things
A friend said to me that now is the time
When I will be looked at as either
A nurse or a purse: yes it might be a curse
But that is how life is: older and more difficult
If I were to have another relationship?
I would be looked at as a nurse
Someone to take care of them
Or I could be looked at as a purse
Someone to pay for everything!
Well: I am not interested in being either one
I want someone who will look after me for a change!
Is that something crazy? Is that something strange?
To want to be at peace within myself?
To be at ease with this stage in life?
I cannot believe how many men have said
How dare you think to do things by yourself?
How can you be without a man?
Well I'm telling you: I can!
In this modern day and age: why can't I just be?
By myself: without a man: taking care of myself?
Why can't I live my life as I see fit?
Why does any 'man' have to come into it?
Haven't I done my bit? Taking care of him for many years!
Why can't it be my turn? My time to do as I want?
I have my job: the one my Lord has given me!
I have my family to care for: to look after!
Isn't it enough that I am happy by myself?
Why should I have to bow to pressure?
Why should I have to be what someone else decrees!
No! it is my turn to choose! It is my turn to decide!
My turn to have a break and live as I please!


No comments:

Post a Comment