Wednesday 24 September 2014

Day 7 Thankfulness Challenge 19 Sept 2014

I am thankful for: 

One: 

Being able to catch up with so many dear friends today
Though under sad circumstances to say the least
It has been a good day
The funeral service for Celia and Peter Thiel was wonderful
So many came to pay their respects 
So many travelled from near and far
By plane and car
Gathered together to farewell them but
I know we will meet again! 

Two: 

I was finally able to meet up
And say thank you to John Thiel
For all those wonderful bible studies he prepared
For all those many hours we shared back then
With me learning the lessons I needed
To set me upon the right path
Though I have sadly slipped and fell
It was such a pleasure to tell
How much those times have 
Remained in my memories
The joy upon his face as we
Sat down and reminisced
As I finally confessed about
That very first meeting
Normally Tim would have been the one
To open up the door and welcome him
But that evening he declined
And it was my invitation 
That brought John into our rented home 
From then to now: many years
From then to now: many tears 
Have been shed
But as life goes on around us
We have to thank The Lord 
He found us...took us up
Bound us with his precious love 
Thank you dearest lord for keeping us safe
All of these many long years!

Three: 

Though the sun has set upon some lives
Still we who go on: who survive
Must take hold of dear Jesus' precious word
Must write each word upon our hearts 
Must carry them into battle 
Must take hold of each beautiful promise
Accepting the gospel truth
That where He is we too will go
For this is His promise you know! 
So when the appointed time does come
I know we will see Him coming in the clouds
In glory, in majesty, in power
Yes: these things I pray for
Every waking hour!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment