Thursday 4 September 2014

Forgive me Lord

I am so sorry my dearest Lord
For trying to escape this void
I was distressed and could not see
I just wanted to escape: to flee
I’d had enough of his bullying
I’d had enough: thought to leave
But in taking all those tablets
Yes: swallowing them whole
I thought to end my life
Thought to leave this life behind

Now: as it comes to being six long months
Since you left us: since you’ve been gone
I cannot believe how much it still hurts
How much pain remains for us to cope with?
Oh dear Lord: I am so sorry: to think I could just leave!
Leave my poor children alone in their grief
Oh dear Lord how could I even think of
Becoming a silly life thief: oh the grief!
It is only now as I look back: truly understand
After suffering so much pain myself
After wiping the tears from my children’s faces
Please dear Lord I beg your forgiveness!
Please my children: I beg your forgiveness!
All this love I would have missed out on
All this precious joy I now feel with my grandchildren
I would have given up so much: for what?
Oblivion, supposed peace, unending sleep?
Suicide is over-rated: it brings no peace!
It just brings more anguish and pain
It just continues to torment your loved ones
It is just so very wrong to take your own life
Thinking you will escape the torment!
Thinking you will escape the pain!

For when Jesus comes again in glory
When all the saints will be awakened
When all is over and done here on earth
Then will you be brought back to answer
Yes then you will have to suffer all over again
For judgement comes from heaven up above
Everyone: yes everyone will be judged again
The book of life will be opened wide and
Everything under the sun will be dealt with
Yes; one by one: we will answer to our Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment