Thursday 4 September 2014

For old times sake

Went out with a guy, my oh my I was
Set up for a date with my cousin’s mate
His hair was blond and thick and curly
He took me out on a date to celebrate
But we were back home again fairly early
It was a time when I was just a young teen
He made sure to take care of me: surely
One night we went out: were bored silly mate
Said he would have had more fun with the guys
That surely was not a good way to woo me
We broke up after a few months because
We just didn’t get on that well: yes really!
Many years later on I said we’d catch up
For old time’s sake: I made that short journey
I was to meet him that day along the way
But I was caught by up by a girl we both knew
She was very upset at the thought: yes truly!
That this meeting might come to aught
So she warned me that I was not welcome: really!
Her name I forget but you can bet she was
Hoping to keep him closely tied to her!
Told me in no uncertain terms to beat it!
As I recall she was Chicky Chook’s sister
Yes that’s right: she had a crush on him: surely!
So though I was ready: I let her go on: steady
And left without even backward glance
But I didn’t mind: as I am one of a kind
So I walked up that street: never to meet

Again my ex with his curly blond locks: yes truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment