Wednesday 24 April 2013

Horse Tales

I've never been a horsey person but
I have loved my share of horses
Old Red was ours for a few years
We loved him so much
We spoilt him with huge bags of carrots
He would stand there all day eating
Crunching away at those carrots!

We had a horse called Zack for a while too
He was a beautiful creamy colour
Vanessa rode around quite a few times
But he got scared by large trucks going by
He almost bucked Vanessa off and
He didn't like the new saddle we bought for him
He bucked and kicked: scared Vanessa so much
He almost pulled out the post he was tied to! 
I remember the day we sold him and 
Had to get him into the horse float!
He was just plain scared
That's what stopped him from getting on!
I went up to him and stroked his head
Then I went into the float ahead of him
To show him it was okay! 
He finally got up the courage to enter
And I was so relieved because
I was terrified as well!
He could have squashed me in there!
But the dear Lord protected me
We got him going in the end and
Off he went to his new home!

When I was young I was 
Fascinated by horses
I always wanted to pat one!
My friend Martha and I visited one
Out the back of Berri in the Riverland
I was stupid and climbed over the fence
I wanted a pat but didn't take note
The pony kept turning it's back at me
Hinting that it would kick me if I got too close
I didn't understand that it was scared of me
So I kept getting closer until that back leg 
Came at me and got me right in the belly
The most stupid thing was that
I was too scared to tell my parents
What if I'd collapsed? 
They wouldn't have known why!

The other horse was a huge Stallion
Four of us were patting him
I was being gentle patting him but
He moved and I poked him in the eye
By accident!
He looked at me with a terrible glare
I walked off and forgot about it!
We were all just chatting later!
When I ducked as I noticed 
A shadow coming at me
It was that big horse getting his revenge
For my supposedly poking him in the eye
Nasty old thing!













No comments:

Post a Comment