Tuesday 23 April 2013

Migraines


In 2012 I spent a couple of months in pain with migraine headaches. I’d never had so many. I’d never felt like this. I know some people who have lived like this for years unable to halt this cycle of pain. I’d been to the doctors for acupuncture but it didn’t really help. These headaches were so different to anything I’d ever experienced before!
You know you’re having a migraine when you start seeing the sparklies; shining lights that dance around your eyes. Then you have a massive hole in your vision, sometimes accompanied by nausea.
A few times I’d been able to manage the onslaught by taking a couple of Panadol and then lying down in a darkened room. Light and noise are painfully unbearable.
By the second month even that didn’t help and I had to turn to stronger pain relief. I was totally incapacitated. No one should have to live like this.
A visit to the local hospital was necessary because I was beginning to worry that I might have the same problem my dad did many years ago. He ended up in the RAH with an aneurism in his brain and lost part of his vision because of the pressure on his optic nerve from the blood that leaked into his brain.
Finally chiropractic eased my pain and I haven’t had any migraines for over  a year!
I thank the dear Lord for showing me how much I appreciate my vision and all the things I am able to do because I am so fearfully and wonderfully made!

2 comments:

  1. i do suffer migraine sometimes.. usually it occurs if i am under the hot sun for hours. take care dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment!It is so nice to know that someone is reading these words and that maybe I can help someone ease their pain after my experiences! Love Sue

    ReplyDelete