Sunday 28 April 2013

Lost and found

When I was young I was so lost
Upon the stormy seas was tossed
Found myself in so much strife
I gave everything I had to give
To find some love within my life
Then that's how I had to live
For ever and always I had
To give, give, give!
I made myself a target dear
I was too afraid to be alone I fear
Thus I was led astray
Yes almost every single day
Gave myself; surrendered up my will
Trying to climb that steep rocky hill
Love was that thing for which
I would always seek
Never finding anything
I was used and tossed aside
Not good enough to show any pride
I just let myself go down that slide
Deeper and deeper into sin
How could I ever win?
Many years along life's dark trail
I found the sunshine peeking in
When I cried my tears of shame
The dearest sweetest angels came
They raised me up and held my hand
Told me to take my stand!
Look up to find salvation near
Look up dear sinner: never fear
Though you've been lost along the way
Dear Jesus has saved the day
Jesus has paid your price in full
His blood and tears are the miracle!




No comments:

Post a Comment