Monday 29 April 2013

The Music of my memories

Isn't it amazing how a song
Can take you right back
Through all of those years
Right back to times when 
You were young and free
Full of life and vitality
When everything was so easy to do
When you were in your prime
When you always had the time
To see your friends and have fun
Enjoying all that summer sun
Sunbathing at the beach
Excited and full of beans
Always on the look out for someone
To share the fun with you!
Always on the go: always in "the know"
Having the energy to run about
Playing chasey and just running amok
Climbing trees and laughing out loud
Feeling good among the crowd
I remember feeling like that: sometimes!
I remember the songs blaring 
On that radio: words and music
To my ears: so special to remember 
Those songs still live on
In my faded memories
The music brings back those times
I can see myself dancing to those
Wonderful melodies: as a young teen
I also see that shy teenager
Desperately wanting to be asked
By the one person who doesn't 
Even know you are alive
He doesn't see you as you see him
He is living in his own little world
Of which you aren't even a part
That's really what is was like
For many a long year!
Later on I danced with other teens
Feeling the same as me!
Just getting up and dancing
Moving to that beat; not caring
About dancing partners
Just letting that beat take me away
To some other place
Where it didn't matter 
If I was alone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment