Friday 26 April 2013

Looking glass

I picked up a piece of glass
Shaped like a precious jewel
Like a magnificent diamond
It sparkled in the sun!
I used its facets like a kaleidoscope
Looked at all the bushes and the trees
They looked so weird: upside down
All in bits and pieces; what a mess!
It made me I wonder: 
How does a bird see me?
Or maybe even a dog? 
Does Amy see me like I see her?
Am I in colour or black and white?
Am I upside down as in my eyesight?
Does the lens of my eye
See me differently than my brain!
Am I turned upside down?
Am I cut in twain?
How does my Lord see me?
Am I just a tiny speck to Him?
Am I all blurred by His tears?
Am I mistaken in my fears?
I know how it feels to be me
But how do others see me?
Do they see only what is on the outer side?
Will they ever see this inner me?
How will I ever know how to just be me?
And be satisfied that I am true to myself?
As well as true to my Lord 
Who in His wisdom
Gave me such an active brain!




No comments:

Post a Comment