Monday 22 April 2013

Just like grandma used to make

I have a huge saucepan
I like to make Tomato and veg soup
I cook the onions in a little olive oil
Just till they are nice and browned
I add chopped carrots and heaps of veg
Yummy cauliflower, mushrooms and capsicum
Potatoes, garlic: anything I've got
After those veggies are half done
I add my special ingredients: 
Some Vegeta; herbs and spices and then
Two or three cans of Heinz Big Red Tomato soup!
I imagine it's just like grandma used to make
She had ten living children out of twelve
She didn't have time to mess about
Everything went into her huge pot
She'd start off with the onions!
My mum reckons that's what you do
When you've got a hungry lot
You cook up some yummy onions
Let that beautiful smell just waft
All through the house to let them know
That dinner is cooking in the pot!





No comments:

Post a Comment