Friday 6 March 2015

A walk with my Lord

Oh my dearest Lord in heaven
I would walk the path with Thee
Along these earthly roads you see
For here I am: here I must be!
Come Holy Spirit: illumine me
You, my Lord: have already set me free
You, live here within this heart of mine
And here inside this soul I find
A loving, caring nature like unto
Yes, my dearest Lord: like unto you!
For I understand everything you've done
For me: for my salvation...
For my greater good...
All paths must lead to heaven
Through Jesus Christ your heavenly Son!

Though I am unworthy still
Ever will I be: never will I see
Any good you have wrought in me
But My Lord I do pray
Here within this heart, soul, mind
You will always stay...

I would like to be like Enoch
All the days of my earthly life
Walking closer: yes ever closer
For this my Lord is all I see
This peace, this blessed harmony
This my prayer: nearer my Lord unto Thee!

Come Lord Jesus
Come Holy Spirit divine
Come into this heart of mine
All that I am I give to Thee
In return for all
You have already given up for me

There is no other path I would seek
Make me humble: make me meek
Please I ever beg of Thee
Open up these earthly eyes
Show me how to soar
Up into those azure skies
I would be ever, always Thine
Allow your blessed shining light
To grow within this heart of mine
Allow it to illuminate
Allow it to grow in time
I would be your guiding light

Yes; in these darkest of latter days
I would reflect Thy glorious rays...

Please let your love and light so shine
Ever, always, I would be thine!

Lead me guide me, take my hand
I give up this my simple life
For the one you have always planned...




No comments:

Post a Comment