Monday 30 March 2015

Cars old and new

Found all the paperwork today
For all the cars we've owned
Over the years we've had a few
Most were old: only one or two new
I remember the Mitsubishi Magna
The first new car we ever had
It had so much room inside
Still recall the TV advertisement
The remote controlled aeroplane
Landing in the back of it...
That was back in 1987 
When we moved up to Sedan
We traded it in for our first Toyota in 1991
We did have another old Toyota in 1990
But only for a couple of months...
We had an old Mazda in 1994
An old Holden Gemini in 1996 
An old Holden Camira in 1997
All these were second cars 
For me to drive the kids to school in
The second-hand burgundy Toyota in 1994
And finally the new Toyota in 1995 
When we knew we were having Michael...
The second hand Cressida for work and
The second hand Toyota I got in 1997
And finally the one I have now
Another Toyota: I guess it shows one thing
I like driving a Toyota: used to them 
Getting too old to change now...


No comments:

Post a Comment