Saturday 14 March 2015

Memories of Mt Compass

Drove through the Adelaide Hills
Returning from my weekend away
Took a wrong turn at first and then
Headed back upon the right roads
Took the road through Mt Compass
Through the beautiful deep hills and dales
Pines trees and eucalypts for miles and miles
Memories came flooding back
Of another time so long ago
Before we even had our own children
Before we had our family
Yes I remembered that long ago day
Our trip to catch up with Peter and Celia
And their beautiful family of four children
Along the road to Yundi I think it was
An old farm house out of the way
The whole family was gathered there
To enjoy the Sabbath afternoon
Myself and Tim, Ian and Kathy too
Gathered with the Thiel family
Enjoying the peaceful afternoon there
I still recall playing with young Amos, 4
Talking about the eyes and then as
He poked me in one eye, was surprised
When tears came, mum Celia was there
Telling him to have a care!




No comments:

Post a Comment