Wednesday 11 March 2015

Runaway

Over the years I felt the need
To run away: escape: retreat
But now it's like I've found
The courage to turn around
To take a look at what's ahead
Rather than lay about in my bed
I want to take a chance on life
Want to see what I have become
I want to show the world these scars
Tell my story: shout it out!
This is what God is all about!
He takes me as I really am
He doesn't care where I fell
He doesn't care what happened: where
He only sees the final gem
The polished stone that gleams
He doesn't need to look behind
The scenes: for in actuality
He was there when others ran
He was there before I began
He took my pain upon the cross
He saved my life from total loss
No matter what I ran from
No matter where I ran away to
He loves me: loves me still
For when He made me in His image
He took a pledge to save us sinners
Yes: from the very beginning 
He was there: knew I'd soon be winning
And now as I as stand here 
Looking back upon my sorry life
No longer do I feel the need
To run away: to escape: for my Lord
Has saved me: healed the breach
I am redeemed and I am sealed
Here within this heart of mine
Lives my dearest Lord: sublime!



No comments:

Post a Comment