Friday 13 March 2015

Contact

Can't stand it when we cannot talk
It's like the distance is too much
Sometimes this life within me wanes
When I feel so alone: constrained
To sit apart and just think of you 
What's a girl supposed to do?
How to simply get the day through
When I know you are so far away
I cannot get to you even if I would
For distance is the killer: that's understood
I wish I could fly across the seas
Like an eagle floating upon the breeze
Winging ever nearer and nearer to you 
But honey as I sit here upon the beach
As I say a little prayer for you 
I wonder what is happening? Wonder why...
It is that we must spend this time apart
Why doesn't life just move along a bit
Why does fate have to intervene: give a hoot
For lovers trapped apart across the seas
This longing becomes...like a disease...
When no other: ever seems to appease...





No comments:

Post a Comment