Saturday 14 March 2015

Goolwa Markets

Took the drive to the beautiful town of Goolwa
Just along the coast from Middleton
The farmer's market was the place to see
All the stalls gathered together in one place
All sorts of produce, crafts and so much more
Sights and smells to check out: to explore
I found some pretty shells from the seas
Delicious aromas of fresh baked foods, coffees
Plants and flowers, clothing and bric a brac
So many things to draw the eyes: was no lack
I found the scented candles; brought one back
Fresh tomatoes from the Riverland, garlic too
Green beans: too much from which to choose
Free range eggs laid just yesterday
All sorts of tools, books and antiques too
You name it: they were offered up for sale!
Found a beautiful scented lavender in a pot
A couple of calla Lilies for the garden beds
Ah...too many things for my brain to take in
But I did my best I'm telling you but
Soon my money was all spent
So I turned around and off I went
Heading home to my family in Adelaide...



No comments:

Post a Comment